The Real Nancy Drew - Super Sleuth

WWND: What Would Nancy Do?

Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm cheered, I swear


I've had a rough year, and I'm not shy about saying it. However, things are starting to fall into place and I'm hoping song re-enters my morning ritual soon. By song, I mean, singing along to makin' coffee and having discussion in song with roommate. Said roommate was Soy Boy, and in his comment to my first post, he used the old phrase "Cheer up (insert first name here)!" This is to be expressed in opera, and no other way. And it usually works. Well, showtunes work too.

I haven't been singing for a long time and I have been seriously looking at my life and those around me to figure out why. Of course, I still have Izzy, and we sing sometimes. But she's as cranky of an old broad as me, so it's pretty obvious it's not all laughs here.

But, as I said up front, things are falling into place and I've even used the word hopeful lately in describing the year to come. Good news of late:
Bone a.k.a. "Sack" to others, is in love and getting married.
My sister just had a baby that appears to be healthy.
I have a new roommate moving in March 15, and I like her and need the money.
The weather will only get better from now til summer.
I'll soon be planting my first garden in my new home.
I like my job.

Until next time...Oh, and here's an picture of me driving the old Cabriolet. Recognize the snowy landscape?

4 Comments:

Blogger spenser villwock said...

lemme guess where the picture was taken. it's endlessly flat, there's lots of snow on the ground, there is a longing look of excitement upon your face... it must be...IOWA?!?

land of the free-range corn, home of the housed hog, propogator of chemical farming...alas, how i love thee, iowa.

oh, and beef, bitchass blogger doesn't explain it quite right, but you can click "other" and list your name and your own website.

oh, and mandi, i miss you.

3/01/2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger Mc"B" said...

You were actually able to sell the slaab? Impressive.

3/02/2006 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, spenser, i couldn't originally. i had posted on your pages so i was aware of that, hence i informed mc"b" that she should changes her settings.

and yes i sold the slaaaaab for $500. some kid that showed up with his dad, ha ha. good luck sucka.

3/02/2006 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing that could possibly be better than that landscape would be winter in eastern South Dakota... Beautiful!

3/18/2006 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home