Blogspot for Dummies
Prior to Soy Boy becoming a regular blogger on this site, I had already started my blog identity because I had to create a user name to comment on a friends blog. I feel that I am a little more tech savvy than the average person, however, that evening when I wanted to share my witty comment, I couldn't get anything to work right for me. Is my login my blog name? Is that the name of my address? What about my screen name? Do I really have to start a blog now? All these options and questions and settings and account info were a real pain in the ass just to send a comment. Alas, I made my witty comment and thought my friend would think I was pretty slick, only to find it didn't seem to publish. So I went through the motions again, and went back and forward and hit buttons. Witty comment on friends blog is cool. Witty comment listed four times with slight variances is lame. I was lame and I didn't know how to work this thing.
Then I decided it was time to finally spend some time on this, so I picked out my cute little background and moved forward. It appeared that I could only type in plain text and I had a hard time getting around. I couldn't make things bold or italic, I couldn't put in a link, nothing worked. You mean I have to remember html to do these things? Apparently with my web browser (Safari) I do. Ahhh, I hadn't done that since college, but being above the average tech dummy, I actually did it. I made a word italic and I inserted a link. And then the big test. My background doesn't give me the option to add links on the side of friends and such. In order to do this, I'd have to go into my template and actually code it in. After moving around and looking at the source for other similar blogs with such lists, I went into my template and actually did that. I know to some of my geek friends this is a small accomplishment, but throw me a bone, would ya. In any case, the majority of people who use this site can type away with word processing commands that don't appear to be available to me. Poor me, I have to do it the hard way. By the way Beef, I changed the setting so you can now comment without an account. Soy Boy don't know shit!


6 Comments:
i am aware of the deficiencies that lie within the heart of soyboy.
i see you recall the html tag for bold text... as i recall how to cry...
Online Pharmacy for Cialis, Levitra, Tamiflu, Viagra. Get Cheap Drugs online. Buy Pills Central.
[url=http://buypillscentral.com/news_en-us.htm]Get Cheap Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, Tamiflu[/url]. Indian generic drugs. Top quality medications pharmacy
We are to death that our comrades Procure Cialis Rebate Pharmacy is joined of the outwit in the Internet, commonly, discount Viagra now specializing on online chemist's shop Viagra.
mineable paved volunteers size aimpilatm shaw auditory input certify punches folk
lolikneri havaqatsu
I am sorry, that has interfered... I understand this question. Is ready to help.
Post a Comment
<< Home