The Real Nancy Drew - Super Sleuth

WWND: What Would Nancy Do?

Monday, October 23, 2006

The Dust has yet to Settle


After the initial first year of home ownership back in April, I declared the summer work-free. On the house that is. I took a vacation and stopped minding the stained carpet and kitchen sink handle that sometimes falls off. It would all just have to wait. As soon as Fall hit I was ready to go. I put on my paint stained Carharts and moved myself into my basement. It was time to create my own Master Suite (upstairs).

My room has been the trickiest damn thing in this house, although I'm quite fond of it. First, When I bought the house the only way to my bedroom was through the bathroom. That's not completely true, since there is a connecting door through the roommate's bedroom, but I didn't want to ever start going that way. Anna, my first roommate, was an easy person to get around this slight inconvenience. We didn't really have the same schedule and I never got stuck in the bathroom. And with her, the occasional room pass-through was welcome. Then Marianna and Kate moved in, with Richard in the basement. Four people, one bathroom, and me on the other side. Believe it or not, it was OK, but the new bathroom I built (with a contracter) has changed my life.

Now I'm working on my room, and it currently looks like a pile of shit with no end in site. But I can see past all that and when done I will have more windows, wood tongue-in-groove walls (original, with the 6 layers of wallpaper stripped), wood floors, a bigger closet, and did I mention a bathtub? The old bathroom is being opened into my room, but I already got rid of the toilet. Prissing out my clawfoot will be nice though for late night soaks and watching letterman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home